Hello From Manitoba Canada - Buick Envision Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Hello From Manitoba Canada

Hello!
I was a happy and proud owner of a fully loaded 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT, Sadly a mouse caused it to be written off last Spring, although it was ten years ( i bought it in 2006) old it looked brand new. When I ordered it they were a new model and many people asked me about this new crossover. I was sad to say goodbye.

I looked at a few crossovers and instantly fell in love with the Envision when I found it online.

In June I ordered a Midnight Amethyst fully loaded Premium II Envision with Black leather interior and plum accents. I have been told that my order has made it to the production line but in all reality that doesn't mean much as it could still be a couple of months before it makes it here.

I was active in a Caliber forum and I look forward to keeping up to date with any new developments and recalls.

Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery from China for us all!
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 03:21 PM

Welcome to the forums but you're going to need to explain this whole mouse situation. Sorry to hear about it but I'm really intrigued....
Tammie-Lee likes this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 05:29 PM

Welcome to the forum.

What other crossovers were you looking at? Just curious to know since i'm open to other brands, don't feel any need to just get a Buick or something from an American brand.
Tammie-Lee likes this.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Hello

A mouse and or a squirrel got under my hood and chewed electrical wires and made a nest in the air system. Because we have deer mice in our area which carry the hantavirus our provincial insurance agency (there is only one, yes they have a huge monopoly) simply write vehicles off and pay out normally much less than what the vehicle is worth. The vehicle then gets destroyed.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Hi Napoleon

Nissan Murano
Honda CR-V
Mazda CX-5
Acura RDX

My dream crossover would be the Lexus RX in white, however for the price I am paying for the Envision ($65,000) I could get the Lexus however it would be a base model compared to all the bells and whistles I am getting with the Envision.
Napoleon likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie-Lee View Post
Hi Napoleon

Nissan Murano
Honda CR-V
Mazda CX-5
Acura RDX

My dream crossover would be the Lexus RX in white, however for the price I am paying for the Envision ($65,000) I could get the Lexus however it would be a base model compared to all the bells and whistles I am getting with the Envision.
That's a good goal. Always liked the new RX and it's also on my list but right at the top for me is the Mercedes GLE coupe, it's a long shot but if I don't reach it at worst i'll land on the RX.

Fortunately we're not buying the RX right now, being in its first year of production we just don't know what issues to expect. By time we're ready most of the common bugs should be worked out.

the goal...
Tammie-Lee likes this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Napoleon that is a beauty
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 10:51 AM

The GLE is definitely a gorgeous SUV. Just out of curiosity why not the GLC ?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:06 PM

Always wanted something a bit bigger with more power, aggressive styling and that wouldn't be nearly as common, overall the GLE fits those needs and more. Seen a few of them in person and after that it all clicked. Next step is to drive one once i'm ready.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
Always wanted something a bit bigger with more power, aggressive styling and that wouldn't be nearly as common, overall the GLE fits those needs and more. Seen a few of them in person and after that it all clicked. Next step is to drive one once i'm ready.
Have you checked out the Brabus GLE43 ? Recently caught whiff of that and oh boy is it amazing. Complete features all standard, 22" wheels, over 400hp.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page