Hello... I am a New Member - Buick Envision Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Cool Hello... I am a New Member

Hi,

We just bought a 2017 Buick Envision Midnight Amethyst. We really are liking this great new SUV. Hoping to share, learn more about the Envision and discuss all the likes and dislikes etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
Hi,

We just bought a 2017 Buick Envision Midnight Amethyst. We really are liking this great new SUV. Hoping to share, learn more about the Envision and discuss all the likes and dislikes etc.
Hi Marc...welcome. Curiously, do you have a Cadillac XT5? I had a 2012 SRX previously and seem to remember your name. And have been on the Cadillac XT5 forum as well.

Tom
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
Hi Marc...welcome. Curiously, do you have a Cadillac XT5? I had a 2012 SRX previously and seem to remember your name. And have been on the Cadillac XT5 forum as well.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Yes I am a member on the XT5 Cadillac forum I have a Platinum Red Passion XT5. I had thought of looking to buy an Envision before I decided to buy my XT5. My wife has the new Buick Envision. I just joined this forum to learn more about the Buick Envision and share ideas etc. What vehicle model do you own now?

Thanks for saying HI!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Marc NY; 06-04-2017 at 08:28 PM.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Hi Tom,

Yes I am a member on the XT5 Cadillac forum I have a Platinum Red Passion XT5. I had thought of looking to buy an Envision before I decided to buy my XT5. My wife has the new Buick Envision. I just joined this forum to learn more about the Buick Envision and share ideas etc. What vehicle model do you own now?

Thanks for saying HI!
Hi Marc...we have the '16 Premium II with ACC and surround cameras, 2.0 Turbo AWD, silver exterior/light interior (Texas). Have little over 10K miles on it, since buying it last August. Perfect size for the two of us with occasional grandkid hauling. Very happy with the workmanship and performance. The cameras could be improved providing better resolution.

Tom
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi Marc...we have the '16 Premium II with ACC and surround cameras, 2.0 Turbo AWD, silver exterior/light interior (Texas). Have little over 10K miles on it, since buying it last August. Perfect size for the two of us with occasional grandkid hauling. Very happy with the workmanship and performance. The cameras could be improved providing better resolution.

Tom
Nicely equipped model! We have the AWD Essence model with the pano-roof and NAV included. Sorry to hear about the quality of the cameras but I really love the 360 Camera on my XT5. I think the quality of the new Buick Envision is really great. Do you have any of the all-weather floor mats?

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 05:10 PM

Welcome! How do you like the 2.5 motor?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Nicely equipped model! We have the AWD Essence model with the pano-roof and NAV included. Sorry to hear about the quality of the cameras but I really love the 360 Camera on my XT5. I think the quality of the new Buick Envision is really great. Do you have any of the all-weather floor mats?
Just have the standard carpeted mats, but I bought a $25 set at Walmart to cover the factory mats. No problem with them moving around. They absorb any moisture from the shoes. Here we rarely get weather that would require the all weather version.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1212 View Post
Welcome! How do you like the 2.5 motor?
We have only had the Envision for two weeks now but I have been very impressed with the noise level which is very minimal compared to GM's previous 2.4L engines. It delivers more of its torque at lower rpm, giving the Envision a stronger feel at launch and during on-demand maneuvers, such as passing or accelerating on a freeway entrance ramp. For my wife's needs she is very pleased with the response and she just got out of her Terrain that had a 3.0 L engine in it. We are also expecting to get a lot better gas mileage from this new engine too.

Certainly time will tell us how good this new 2.5L engine will be.
NormT likes this.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just have the standard carpeted mats, but I bought a $25 set at Walmart to cover the factory mats. No problem with them moving around. They absorb any moisture from the shoes. Here we rarely get weather that would require the all weather version.
I can understand that in Texas you probably don't need any heavy duty floor mats. That being said I live up North and I need them and have bought several WeatherTech all season floor mats in the past and thought they were a very good product until I was at my Buick dealerships parts department and saw the new GM's version of their all-season floor mats. I was very impressed with the material used. It is more of a rubber compound that is much more flexible/ pliable than my XT5's and our previous GMC Terrain's WeatherTech floor mats were. Next time if you are looking for all-season floor mats give GM accessories a look. I did and was very happy I bought them.
NormT likes this.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 12:33 PM

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on the purchase!

I have heard that GM floor mats are getting a lot better and actually are comparable to Weather Techs if not better. But what are the pricing for them? If they're in the same price range, I think it'll definitely be worth it but I've always been a Weather Tech fan and it'd be sure hard for me to break away from them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page