2017 Envision Order Tracking - Buick Envision Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

2017 Envision Order Tracking

I have ordered a 2017 Envision and am asking if anyone on this Forum can track the order. "Sold" order placed 6/30/16, showing "event" 1100 at the time of order at the dealer in TX. Order is TNQTGN. Understand the factory in China commences '17 production 7/18/16. Please advise latest event status. Thanks for any assistance.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 04:58 PM

I wish I had an answer for you but fact is everyone else here is like yourself, a future owner, you won't find anyone here that's part of Buick... yet. Try contacting Buick directly and see if they can send you updates.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 07:29 PM

Best to ask you dealership. Did you get a vin number with your order yet?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Best to ask you dealership. Did you get a vin number with your order yet?
Dealer advises event status is "3000" but has a TPW (target production week) of 10/3/2016. Even though a "sold" unit, Buick has placed a "constraint" on producing units with the 2.0 engine, and is only building the lesser priced '17 Envisions between now and then, so dealers will have units in the <$40k price range, maybe available at dealers in August/September; plus there are many '16s in the mid-$40k range still out there available, depending on location.

Last edited by TxTom; 07-25-2016 at 05:34 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
Dealer advises event status is "3000" but has a TPW (target production week) of 10/3/2016. Even though a "sold" unit, Buick has placed a "constraint" on producing units with the 2.0 engine, and is only building the lesser priced '17 Envisions between now and then, so dealers will have units in the <$40k price range, maybe available at dealers in August/September; plus there are many '16s in the mid-$40k range still out there available, depending on location.
Hello - new forum member here, first post. My location is ON Canada, and I have a fully optioned '17 Envision Premium II on order (order placed June 30, 2016). GM Dealers here are essentially "unaware" of Buick division's (GM Corp's) constraint on producing 2.0 engine-equipped / higher trim level '17 Envisions (GM Canada has told them nothing in this regard).. however when these same dealers look at the status of their orders for up-level trim 2017 Envisions - as my dealer did yesterday - they are seeing that their orders are not scheduled for build until the week of 10/3/2016... despite the fact they placed their orders way back in April! Production of 2017 Envisions for North America began on 7/18/2016!
Those of us, such as TxTom and myself, who have ordered fully equipped/ top trim level 2017 Envisions "early" in the overall process are being forced to wait an additional 2-1/2 months for our vehicles to be built. With the order(s) for our '17 Envisions having been placed in mid-June / end of June, and factoring-in this secretive "unofficial" build constraint, it is unlikely we will receive our Envisions until the end of November, or perhaps sometime in December. So, a total wait time of 5 months or more. By anyone's definition/expectation of the wait time for a vehicle being built in Asia, that's a long time to wait.

- Richard

Last edited by rbreeze; 07-28-2016 at 08:46 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbreeze View Post
Hello - new forum member here, first post. My location is ON Canada, and I have a fully optioned '17 Envision Premium II on order (order placed June 30, 2016). GM Dealers here are essentially "unaware" of Buick division's (GM Corp's) constraint on producing 2.0 engine-equipped / higher trim level '17 Envisions (GM Canada has told them nothing in this regard).. however when these same dealers look at the status of their orders for up-level trim 2017 Envisions - as my dealer did yesterday - they are seeing that their orders are not scheduled for build until the week of 10/3/2016... despite the fact they placed their orders way back in April! Production of 2017 Envisions for North America began on 7/18/2016!
Those of us, such as TxTom and myself, who have ordered fully equipped/ top trim level 2017 Envisions "early" in the overall process are being forced to wait an additional 2-1/2 months for our vehicles to be built. With the order(s) for our '17 Envisions having been placed in mid-June / end of June, and factoring-in this secretive "unofficial" build constraint, it is unlikely we will receive our Envisions until the end of November, or perhaps sometime in December. So, a total wait time of 5 months or more. By anyone's definition/expectation of the wait time for a vehicle being built in Asia, that's a long time to wait.

- Richard
Welcome to the forum

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page