More questions regarding the envision - Buick Envision Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

More questions regarding the envision

Kinda want to know if changing the front turning signals will be easy or difficult for the Envision? And second, I want to know if anyone has taken their Envision to the snow? If so how does it do?
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:20 AM

By the looks of it, it shouldn't be that difficult and easily accessible from the engine bay. Just wondering, why changing them out?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
By the looks of it, it shouldn't be that difficult and easily accessible from the engine bay. Just wondering, why changing them out?
It's definitely one of those just in case when the bulbs goes out. I know some vehicles like the first gen SRX they do want you to take out the whole bumper out to replace the turning signal light bulb or if your LED tailights are out you have to pry out the pieces of the interior panels of the back to get the light out

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:08 AM

Oh lord I know exactly what you mean. Having to help friends change bulbs, you deal with vehicles where you have to disassembled the whole front end in order to remove the headlight just so you can get to one bulb. So ridiculously pointless. Way to turn an easy job into a time eating, tedious task.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Oh lord I know exactly what you mean. Having to help friends change bulbs, you deal with vehicles where you have to disassembled the whole front end in order to remove the headlight just so you can get to one bulb. So ridiculously pointless. Way to turn an easy job into a time eating, tedious task.
Had the first gen SRX V8 before. While the car is fun, but having to disassemble the whole front end to change a **** turning signal bulb and disassemble the back bumper as well as pry out the interior plastic pieces to change the LED tailight was something that I do not miss as all. So that is why I'm here asking if the Envision's lights would be easy to change?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1212 View Post
Had the first gen SRX V8 before. While the car is fun, but having to disassemble the whole front end to change a **** turning signal bulb and disassemble the back bumper as well as pry out the interior plastic pieces to change the LED tailight was something that I do not miss as all. So that is why I'm here asking if the Envision's lights would be easy to change?
Just imagine what the dealer would charge to perform that service once warranty is over.

Unfortunately this is just the beginning, car makers want to make it harder and harder for individuals and independent shops to work on new cars.

5-10 years from now we might be happy of what we're dealing with currently!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:25 PM

As it is on the higher end vehicles, other than having to take off grills and bumpers to remove complete headlight assemblies to change a bulb, some cars require a diagnostic tool from the dealer to clear the system of the fault and program the headlight system again. That is going to become the norm.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

That might be the problem with advanced LED lights like the ones bimmers merc or Audi has. Still looking to test drive the Envision with the 2.0T and trying to save my Terrain from bad drivers who drives like an idiot and scratched my car.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:37 PM

Those advanced lights, at some point when they fail, it'll be complete lighting assemblies that'll need to be replaced and that isn't going to be cheap at all.

But trying to keep it away from idiots on the road... you're gonna have to take an uber lol.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

It just seems like lots of automakers are making lots of difficult changes on lights. Like right now the back up lights and the twilight turning signals for the Kia Sportage as well as the RAV4 are all on the bumper. One could say it'll be a easy change but it just seems like you have to take the whole back bumper out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page