Auto-engine off quirks - Buick Envision Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Auto-engine off quirks

I generally don't mind the engine auto shut-off features but there are a few quicks with it:

1) Whenever I slowly drive into my garage (creeping along to squeeze it in right) I find that I'm not actually stopped but go slow enough that the engine turns off - arggg.

2) I find it strange that I can be really stopped, the engine turns off, but then I move the gear selector into park, that starts it up - don't really see the requirement for that - strange.

H'mmmm.
TxTom likes this.
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanMan1414 View Post
I generally don't mind the engine auto shut-off features but there are a few quicks with it:

1) Whenever I slowly drive into my garage (creeping along to squeeze it in right) I find that I'm not actually stopped but go slow enough that the engine turns off - arggg.

2) I find it strange that I can be really stopped, the engine turns off, but then I move the gear selector into park, that starts it up - don't really see the requirement for that - strange.

H'mmmm.
I don't know about your first one but second is kinda regular for any vehicle with the start stop feature. It's the same even for hybrids
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 03:52 PM

I absolutely hate the start/stop feature in these news cars to be honest. I find with some of them though, if you can balance just light enough on the brakes (enough to keep the car stopped, but not fully depressed) you can keep it on but it's a pita.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 12:03 AM

I honestly just really would tell people if you really dislike the stop start feature on GM vehicles then just put the shifter in manual mode then your problem is solved. The ones in my Malibu that I have doesn't shut down at all times but again that's just me living in the hotter area of the United States aka New Mexico/Arizona area
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 03:17 PM

I actually never tried that out, didn't think that would change anything :O

Thanks!!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I actually never tried that out, didn't think that would change anything :O

Thanks!!
I just knew because the Malibu I have does have the stop-start and it's the 2.5 I4 so whenever I put it in manual mode then it just doesn't shut it while at stop. But again since New Mexico is getting hotter again it's not even gonna shut off at all
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1212 View Post
I don't know about your first one but second is kinda regular for any vehicle with the start stop feature. It's the same even for hybrids
Curious as to what the logic behind that is - why?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:53 PM

My guessing is if you have auto stop start while you put in manumatic mode is you would stall... but that's just my educated guess
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:25 PM

Dealers should give us the option of shutting off things like stop/start and its probably a good idea to inquire about it while things are running smooth enough. Then if it starts acting up we know what to do. Better to be prepared especially with something so vital.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 07:53 PM

I know on the Jeep Cherokee you can but again I'm not sure if the dealer would know though

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page