Odd wobbling sensation on right hand turn. - Page 3 - Buick Envision Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:23 PM
TSS

Yep, you and I are posting in both forums LOL.

I tried googling it and you're not to be able to find it googling yet. Dealers just got it..... And It's not replacing the axle it's replacing the half shafts, which is a much smaller ordeal as I understand it from my buddy/service manager. But like I said, it may be a little tough to get the parts right now......

2017 Envision Premium I AWD 2.0T (Summit White)
2014 Impala LTZ 3.6 V6 Limited (Summit White)
2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports tuned; 0-60 3.94 seconds (Steel Blue Metallic)
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:09 AM
TSS

Got a call this morning that both of my half shafts are in. Going to get it done probably next week and will let everyone know if it solves the problem. Keep your fingers crossed.

2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports tuned; 0-60 3.94 seconds (Steel Blue Metallic)
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke with my good friend who's the service manager at my dealership. There is a TSB on it now. TSB was released on August 6, 2018.

The solution right out of the gate is to replace both front half shafts. One of the half shafts is readily available, there's a current shortage of the other shaft. So there may be some delay in service departments getting the parts. I told him to go ahead and order them for mine and whenever they get in I'll come in and have it done. I'll keep everyone posted.. But now there's a TSB number to refer to!

TSB number: 18 NA 233
After three weeks in the shop, we got the car back and indeed the wobble is gone. I don't know if the tech used the axles in the bulletin or not, because he had already ordered them when I gave my SA this information. They also fixed the rear AC. At least they put us in a brand new Traverse. So nice to have that dang wobble gone. Feels like a different car now.
When I picked up the car I talked to my SA, and she said the tech had called GM and they gave him specific axle part numbers to order so perhaps that was the axles they used but they replaced both of them.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 08:54 AM
TSS

Had the TSB performed. Problem is fixed. Really. Nice to have some conclusion to this. Fortunately, I only had to deal with it for a couple of months. Those of you who have been dealing with it for much longer, and having service departments take guesses at what will fix it, must Have been frustrating.

To be clear: we have a fix:

TSB number: 18 NA 233.....Replace both half shafts.

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 08:17 PM

My parts are on the way and Im looking forward to getting the wobble corrected!
TSS likes this.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke with my good friend who's the service manager at my dealership. There is a TSB on it now. TSB was released on August 6, 2018.

The solution right out of the gate is to replace both front half shafts. One of the half shafts is readily available, there's a current shortage of the other shaft. So there may be some delay in service departments getting the parts. I told him to go ahead and order them for mine and whenever they get in I'll come in and have it done. I'll keep everyone posted.. But now there's a TSB number to refer to!

TSB number: 18 – NA – 233

Thank you for posting this! I saw this shortly after you originally posted it, finally got around to bringing the car in last week. Wobble is completely gone, and the car feels overall better. Never had any complaints (minus the wobble), but now the steering seems more responsive, the steering wheel feels lighter, and it seems like there’s less drag when I let off the throttle.

Thanks again!
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:04 PM

Garage
Just a quick update. At my last oil change, the Service Manager at the Buick Dealer I go to concurred when the car was driven there is this wobble/shimmy feel. Mike ordered (took about a month) and has now received the parts and is taking care of the service this Thursday. I will drop the car off on Wednesday night, Mike is providing a loaner and they expect the car to fixed by Thursday evening when he scheduled me to come to pick it up. Looking forward to this getting resolved. Other than this I really am very happy with the car.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:27 PM
J T

2017 Envision purchased brand new in May of '18. After nearly 15,000 miles, I have not noticed any wobble. But now after reading this thread, I'm sure it'll mysteriously happen.

Good to know there is a TSB for if and when this happens.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:19 PM

Garage
Just a quick update, last Wednesday I dropped the car off and picked it up Thursday. They replaced the front drive shafts and the car is smoother without the wobble oscillating that was taking place. Although it was minimal and did not affect the operability of the car it was noticeable to me. I am very happy this was resolved quickly and on the first try.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM

Garage
Hi I did not have any noise, the dealer said and replaced the 1/2 shafts. Not sure if they were not made to specs or what. It was done a couple months ago and corrected the issue.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page