Buick Envision Forum banner

2021 Buick Envision Gets Striking Makeover, Adds Avenir Trim and Standard Safety Tech

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SS1 
#1 ·

Buick has released the first official images and details of its 2021 Envision SUV. Those expecting a minor nip and tuck will be in for a rather rude awakening. To say that the 2021 Buick Envision looks striking would be an understatement.

Buick has completely overhauled its mid-size SUV’s design. The rounded-off design from the mid-2000s makes way for a sharp front-end with sleek LED headlamps and a muscular bumper around a rather prominent grille. The SUV is lower and wider than before and, dare we say, looks sportier as well.

But a new design is not all that the 2021 Envision offers. It will go on sale by early next year and prices will likely start north of $30,000. It will also offer a host of safety features as standard. Standard safety equipment will include automatic emergency braking (AEB), pedestrian detection, lane-keeping assist with departure warning, forward collision alert, rear park assist, and HD rear view camera.

For 2021 Buick will introduce its Avenir trim as a top of the line offering. It will also offer a host of convenience features, including automated assisted parking, 360-degree camera, front park assist, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot detection, a heads-up display, and a rear camera mirror. In-car entertainment will include a 10.0-inch touchscreen system that will come with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Amazon Alexa compatibility. Many of the aforementioned features will likely be optional extras or part of optional packages; some might even be exclusive to the top Avenir trim.

Buick hasn’t confirmed it but judging by the overall stance and the glasshouse design of the 2021 Envision, we suspect that the Envision shares its internals with the Blazer. Further evidence of this is the powertrain. Under the hood will be a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. It will probably be the same engine that joined the Blazer lineup this year. The powertrain is good for 230 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque and will likely come with both front and all-wheel-drive.

[Source: AutoGuide.com]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I am very happy with my 2018 Envision and how it looks however this looks more refined and set apart from other SUVs. I really like the Encore GX but it is a non-starter due to a 3 cylinder engine, this would be as well if it has non-disable able stop/start, less than a 2.0 turbo or if it comes with cylinder deactivation (see Scotty Kilmer on that topic on YouTube).

#3 ·
Look nice but I keep my cars at least 10 years and 150,000 miles if not more. My last car was a GM built Saab 9-3 bought in 2006 and sold in 2018 with 190,000 on it and still running fine (except a tree fell on it). Mechanic fixed it, sold it again, and now the new owner still has it with over 210,000 on it. My other car is a Subaru (2013) with just over 100,000 on it now and plan to keep it at least 5 more years - no problems yet. My 2018 Buick Envision has 31,000 and just hit the two year mark, so long way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.