Auto Dimming darkens LCD Panels too much - Page 3 - Buick Envision Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 03:45 PM

But the dealership that @rverenvision went to said they didn't know anything about the TSB
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:16 PM

I called a dealership in Florida where I am for the winter. The service department seemed to be aware of the problem. Scheduled me for an appointment on Wednesday. Software update is quoted as taking 1 hour or 2 at most. I will update after my appointment.
london likes this.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Went to the dealership. They said they installed "the latest software" However, yesterday in mid afternoon the screen once again became unreadable black. It seems to happen when the light sensor is in the shadow of the car which is dependent on the orientation of the sun to the vehicle. For those who have had the "fix" applied do you experience any problems with a low light black screen or does it stay bright in reduced sunlight?

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
BREAKING NEWS...on 10/24/16 a service bulletin 16-NA-357 was issued pertaining to software reprogramming/calibration of the BCM (body control module) for '16/'17 Buick Envisions. I had my '16 Envision updated today, took less than an hour, and the NAV/Instruments/Camera seem normal as one goes from light to dark, and dark to light surroundings. So far have only tested this in/out of the garage on a sunny day, so will need to see how the lighting adjusts during dawn and dusk situations. But what a vast improvement!
Have you been in a dusk situation and had it work? After going to the dealer I still have the issue. They claim to have installed the latest software but did not reference the service bulletin. I am wondering if the service bulletin was applied. If so, it did not work for me.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhodges17 View Post
Have you been in a dusk situation and had it work? After going to the dealer I still have the issue. They claim to have installed the latest software but did not reference the service bulletin. I am wondering if the service bulletin was applied. If so, it did not work for me.
You should be able to ask for a copy of the work order which should outline what they did. Those orders are kept in the system for a long time, years, so going back and getting it shouldn't be much of an issue. Nothing they wouldn't want to share with you.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:58 AM

anyone heard of any updates on the auto dim feature of dashboard. Still annoying
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverEnvison View Post
anyone heard of any updates on the auto dim feature of dashboard. Still annoying
Service Bulletin 16-NA-357...been out there since 10/24/16. See my post #10 of this Forum. Worked on my '16 Envision.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 12:21 PM

Had same issue. Dealer did software update. Perfect!
TxTom likes this.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:38 PM

Thanks to you TxTom.
Went to dealer with TSB info, and discovered that my build date was before the TSB issue date.
TSB performed and made definite improvements, particularly the 360 camera picture quality at night - much less grainy front and rear. Still not great, but adequate for function.

2017 Premium 11
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:43 PM

great to hear, its my biggest complaint.I will have to inform my dealer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page