iPhone & Intellilink problem - Buick Envision Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Question iPhone & Intellilink problem

Hi All! I'm a first time Buick owner & am having trouble with my voice command to call someone in my contact list. If I dial using the phone number I see the contact name on the display and the call goes through. If I say the contact's name the system tries to take me to the navigation command. is anyone experiencing this and do you know a fix? I've only had the car a little over a week...really frustrated. Maybe it's my phone settings but I can't figure out what the issue is.
Thanks for any advice!
NormT likes this.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 10:14 AM

Are you using the command "call" before you say the name?
john and NormT like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 02:52 PM

I honestly either use the command say call "insert name" or I use the Siri eyesfree to say call "insert name "

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 01:30 AM

Having owned a Buick LaCrosse and now the Envision the iPhone can be finicky...sometimes a name has to be pronounced differently to get it to work, for example if i want to call work, the name is NOC. However I can't say, Siri call NOC. I have to say, Siri, call N O C (saying each letter individually). It's an iPhone Siri quirk and not an Intellilink quirk. If there's multiple listings for the same name then the system should present them on the screen and one would choose from those.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:53 AM

Previous to owning the Envision, I had 2 toyotas and neither one would recognize my voice. I finally just gave up. Have had no problem with the Envision. I presume it is the voice recognition software they use?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 06:58 PM

I have had my 2018 Buick Envision for less than a month, I have an android phone so it's not just an iphone problem, and I have the same issue. It will not recognize my voice. I say " Call mom on mobile or call mom mobile" and it asks me if I want to call Matt ******, or Marissa ***** or my home number, or sometimes it asks if I want the radio, or maps. It is SO FRUSTRATING!! I had a Buick Enclave for 5 years before this and the voice recognition worked flawlessly. So, this morning on the way to work, after going through the same old routine with the dang thing, I tried talking to it in a lower tone of voice, more like a mans voice. It has worked every time if I do that. I guess my car doesn't like my voice, or a women's voice. Go figure. :/
Brennen likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 02:41 PM

Lol that's a hilarious solution, but at least you've found a workaround. Voice recognition software still has some "kinks" that need to be worked out, that's for sure.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 12:45 PM

A video of Buick Intellilink.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 12:31 AM

The microphone has been improved for the 2019 Envision. Buick must know there's an issue with it to have done so.

Buick Envision 2017 Prem II AWD 2.0T
Lincoln MKC 2017 AWD 2.0T
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGOhio View Post
Hi All! I'm a first time Buick owner & am having trouble with my voice command to call someone in my contact list. If I dial using the phone number I see the contact name on the display and the call goes through. If I say the contact's name the system tries to take me to the navigation command. is anyone experiencing this and do you know a fix? I've only had the car a little over a week...really frustrated. Maybe it's my phone settings but I can't figure out what the issue is.
Thanks for any advice!
I am having the exact same problem. The sad thing is it worked for 18 months! They are trying to say its my phone...I'm positive its not as Siri works just fine on my phone. I too want a solution.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page