Radio: Favorites screens don't change when scrolling from steering wheel - Buick Envision Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CanMan1414

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Radio: Favorites screens don't change when scrolling from steering wheel

One thing that I find sort of annoying with the Envision Infotainment system that isn't an issue with my older Enclave Infotainment system is how it scrolls though favorites.

To explain: say I have 10 favorites programmed. So two screens of soft buttons along the bottom. With the older Enclave, if I scroll using the steering wheel controls past the 5th displayed soft button, the screen will automatically change to the next group of five and the radio station I'm on will always be displayed. However, with the Envision, this is not the case. Once I scroll (again, using the steering wheel controls) to one of the stations not on the displayed soft button, the list of buttons does not change.

Presumably everyone else has the same issue? Seems like a bug to me as the older Infotainment systems don't have this issue.
NormT likes this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 07:24 AM

If you slide up on the row of buttons it becomes three rows. There are three dots representing each row, but I couldn't get only two rows to stay.

With one row my 2016 does the same as yours .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170727_061531_1501150985950.jpg (79.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20170727_061539_1501151028144.jpg (104.6 KB, 10 views)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Ah good tip @NormT (I didn't know you could do that). I only need two rows so while there is some wasted real-estate between rows, it's not too bad. And I was able to get two rows to stay (but my icons along the top look different to yours.) Plus I like to be able to reach over and press since the up/down on the steering wheel is relatively slow to change channels.

I'll have to see if the older Buick's Infotainment system has the option to show multiple rows as well. Regardless, I still would categorize what I reported as a bug with the new one. But your tip seems to make for an even better result in the end.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 08:26 AM

It works on Cadillac's CUE like you want it but the steering wheel is slower . Maybe we all mention it to the Buick dealership during our free oil change. You can also call Buick customer service and see if they have an infotainment update in the works or available.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page