Envision Loud Blinkers - Buick Envision Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Envision Loud Blinkers

Some owners may be fine with it, but a potential buyer from Minneapolis found the blinkers too loud when they test drove the envision and asked chicago tribune if the sound can be turned off. Unfortunately, the answer is no, but you can crank up the music to drown it out.

Quote:
Today, many blinkers are computer-controlled and the clicking sound comes from the speakers. Unfortunately, you canít reduce the sound by turning the volume control.
NormT likes this.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 02:45 PM

It actually reminds me of my old Saab's, they can be a bit loud but are not annoying when you get used to them. And, yes, the radio or Windows down can help drown it out.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

A lot of cars are like that, even older ones from the early 2000s, but I don't really notice them after a while. Would rather find a way to turn off the Start/Stop Engine technology than the blinker sound.
NormT likes this.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 04:03 PM

Its probably a good thing that its loud since often I have seen people either not use blinkers or use them and keep it on for too long.
Time to get your favorite music playlist going in the Envision if you haven't already
NormT likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
Its probably a good thing that its loud since often I have seen people either not use blinkers or use them and keep it on for too long.
Time to get your favorite music playlist going in the Envision if you haven't already
Agreed. Sometimes I find myself driving for a while with the blinkers turned on, because of the music. So, I assume it's better to have them loud than not to hear them at all.
NormT likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 12:38 PM

On the Start/Stop technology, I read on Youtube that you can shift to L, then push the button on the shift all the way up to L6, then the Start/ Stop won't engage. The Youtube is on the GMC but I use for my Envision and it works. I am not sure if it does anything to the car but so far it feels the same as you are in D.
NormT and whatsupdoc like this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 02:32 AM

That trick does work to disengage the auto stop, also feathering the brakes on a stop disengages it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khathuy View Post
On the Start/Stop technology, I read on Youtube that you can shift to L, then push the button on the shift all the way up to L6, then the Start/ Stop won't engage. The Youtube is on the GMC but I use for my Envision and it works. I am not sure if it does anything to the car but so far it feels the same as you are in D.
NormT likes this.

Buick Envision 2017 Prem II AWD 2.0T
Lincoln MKC 2017 AWD 2.0T
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 02:43 PM

I hate the start/stop technology that's being implemented across all new vehicles. I get that's its supposed to increase fuel economy and reduce emissions but it sounds terrible and only makes sitting in traffic feel worse. And driving along without realizing your blinkers are on, is better than driving at night with no running lights on whatsoever. I see this all the time! I mean is it that difficult to switch your lighting system to automatic?
NormT likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 03:46 PM

I love stop/start but wish it lasted longer periods of time. Not unusal for me to key off in a drive through.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 02:43 AM

Is there a module for the blinkers (a little square box which has a relay in it) or is it a whole different setup? Thinking if it's the typical square box that plugs in, that can normally be replaced with another of one's liking that's available.
NormT likes this.

Buick Envision 2017 Prem II AWD 2.0T
Lincoln MKC 2017 AWD 2.0T

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page