Unhappy Envision owner - Buick Envision Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Envision owner

Finally traded in my old Impala for a Buick Envision. Went to the dealer to look at the Encore and hated it, then I test drove an Enclave which was too much like my GMC Acadia (which I already traded in for an All Terrain Sierra 1500). The salesman finally brought out the Envision... Fell immediately in love with it. But since I bought it 10 days ago, I haven't driven it outside the test drive. It appears there was a recall for a "sticker" and they can't release the vehicle until it is corrected. A sticker that nobody ever reads and most people don't even know exist. Can't blame the dealer since they have given me a loaner (a base model Enclave) but I have already made the first payment, turned in my trade in and am rapidly approaching the second payment for a car that I haven't sat in since test driving it. In my experience with GM recalls, you get the recall notice, then wait 4 months for the parts to come in. Not happy with GM for this. Bought the Envision for my wife and I am stuck driving a low end Enclave while she drives my truck. LOVE THE ENVISION!!! HATING GM!!!
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmcco View Post
Finally traded in my old Impala for a Buick Envision. Went to the dealer to look at the Encore and hated it, then I test drove an Enclave which was too much like my GMC Acadia (which I already traded in for an All Terrain Sierra 1500). The salesman finally brought out the Envision... Fell immediately in love with it. But since I bought it 10 days ago, I haven't driven it outside the test drive. It appears there was a recall for a "sticker" and they can't release the vehicle until it is corrected. A sticker that nobody ever reads and most people don't even know exist. Can't blame the dealer since they have given me a loaner (a base model Enclave) but I have already made the first payment, turned in my trade in and am rapidly approaching the second payment for a car that I haven't sat in since test driving it. In my experience with GM recalls, you get the recall notice, then wait 4 months for the parts to come in. Not happy with GM for this. Bought the Envision for my wife and I am stuck driving a low end Enclave while she drives my truck. LOVE THE ENVISION!!! HATING GM!!!
Where do you live? I heard about this "sticker" issue for cars in Canada, but haven't heard anything about U.S. vehicles.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 03:46 PM

It affected over 4500 in united states, I posted a thread on it earlier today

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 06:08 PM

Hope they can quickly stick on a new one for you. Shouldn't take them that long unless the labels haven't been shipped yet.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 03:29 PM

Did you end up getting the sticker put on?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

They finally delivered the sticker and installed it. Took awhile which is typical of recalls from GM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 01:29 PM

I had the same issue, but only had to wait 4 days for the sticker. I threatened to not take delivery and magically, the sticker came in FedEx.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:40 AM

Lol the good ol' under pressure dealer magic tricks. Too typical.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page