New Envision in Nova Scotia - Buick Envision Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
MCA

Red face New Envision in Nova Scotia

Hello Forum members:
My wife bought a new Envision Premium 1 this summer, and we enjoy driving it -- about 4500 kms on it now. We haven't seen too many of these on the roads here, so we feel we stand out. Best features I think are the quiet cabin, the fine leather upholstery, the infotainment thing, and the many comfort features. We are enjoying the Sirius radio but haven't decided if we will keep it. (Not enough classical music stations to suit me.) We have one problem, which I hope will be fixed when we take it to the dealer shortly: there is a rattle somewhere in the exhaust I think. I had this problem long ago with a Honda and it was caused by heat shields around the exhaust components. At least I think this is the problem. But because the car is so quiet it's quite noticeable at certain speeds.
NormT and 2219 like this.
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 03:05 PM

Welcome to the forum!
Hopefully its just the heatshield and not an exhaust hanger but as long as you go to the dealer in good timing then you shouldn't have an issue.

What other vehicles were you guys looking at before getting the Envision?
NormT likes this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
MCA

Thanks for your interest and words of welcome. I was looking at trading my 2010 Rav4 earlier in the year and looked at the new Rav, the CRV, Escape, and Mazda CX5. I then decided I loved my old Rav too much to lay out 30,000 on something new. But my wife must have caught my new car fever. She's always been a Buick fan and was annoyed when they stopped making the LeSabre. She tried the Encore but found it too small (golf clubs wouldn't fit), then they were offering a really good deal on a Terrain with a V/6 -- I liked that one. She looked at the Envision but thought it was too pricey, until they came out with a big discount. That closed the deal. This is probably too much information, but get me started on cars and I don't know how to shut up.
NormT likes this.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 06:05 PM

Please keep posting your car opinions! Love to hear your opinion of the Envision. Our lease is up soon on our Terrain SLT.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 12:03 PM

A starting price of $34,065 isn't too bad for a Buick, but it could deter potential buyers from going for the brand. What did you end up paying for your Envision?
NormT likes this.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
MCA

Prices in Canada are a lot higher than in the US. The Premium 1 with navigation was listed at over 49,000. This particular one had a discount of 7,000, so the before trade price was about 42,000.
NormT likes this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 09:41 PM

Between $7,000-10,000 is the discount in the states but is limit geographically. But some dealerships will work with you on price and have no problems shipping hundreds of miles away.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
MCA

Just discovered the Envision has that hands free thing on the tailgate. I was washing the car and suddenly the gate went up. Nice feature providing your balance is good enough to stand on one leg and kick the other one without falling over.
vic1212 and NormT like this.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 12:09 PM

I was loading up the back seat with stuff plus my while my Mom's jack Russell running around the Envision. The hatch opened an I thought I squeezed the remote in my pocket so I closed and made another trip to the car with the cracks Russell running around. This time being conscious of the remote in my pocket....it happened again! The Jack Russell is just the right height to fit under the bumper.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA View Post
Just discovered the Envision has that hands free thing on the tailgate. I was washing the car and suddenly the gate went up. Nice feature providing your balance is good enough to stand on one leg and kick the other one without falling over.
That's honestly a much better design compared to the standing still design that Hyundai and Kia have
NormT likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page