Rear A/C Blowing Only Hot Air? - Page 3 - Buick Envision Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Norm-agreed the Flex is a dated body style, but being low to the ground with bigger door, it was easier for my beloved to get in and out of--major satisfaction factor. Anyway, I'll continue to update the saga of Envision as it develops.
post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Update-Talked to dealer service yesterday and they have no idea when they will get the part they "think" will fix the A/C. Part on backorder from GM.This car is getting to be real pain in the rear. Need to research the Texas Lemon Law. If the part ever comes in, there is no guarantee that will fix it. Still have a loaner car, but would strongly discourage anyone from buying an Envision at this time. More as it develops.
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 06:34 PM

How do you like the Terrain? Sorry to hear about the delay in fixing your Envision.

2016 Envision Prem ll

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

I like the new styling of the Terrain loaner. It's a nice size, and the Terrain Denali would be even nicer. Our old 2010 Terrain never gave any trouble whatsoever. Would definitely buy another Terrain.
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Update-called dealer this morning and was told part will be here Monday. Said car would be ready mid-week. So, we'll see. More as it happens (or doesn't).
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

**Update**!! Just got a call from the dealer. Dealer received and installed the part they ordered, but it still did not fix the problem. They are back on the phone with GM. Don't know what they are going to do. Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? I did research Texas Lemon Law and it doesn't appear easy to just get a new car, without a hearing, and a lot of red tape and time. At this point, I am just hoping GM will make this right. Any suggestions appreciated.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Just picked up the Envision a few minutes ago. Service mgr. said it turned out to be a faulty temp sensor that was intermittently sending wrong signal to the system. Worked correctly all the way back home, and responded to changes made in controls, fan speed, temp, etc. Fingers and toes crossed. It was in the shop so long, I almost forgot what it looked like, but it does have great styling, at least to my eye. Mgr. apologized profusely, and I told him I understood, he didn't engineer or assemble the vehicle. With all the changes to vehicles each year, new systems, new models, etc., problems are bound to pop up, and intermittent problems are the very worst. Just glad to have it back.
NormT likes this.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I have yet another update. After the last repair, and inspecting the car at length, I discovered some cosmetic problems with the repairs. The bezel around the nav screen was askew, and there were pry marks on the dash upholstery, the chrome trim, and the plastic around the nav screen. I had previously mentioned a damaged spot on the driver side door panel after the first repair attempt, and I also brought that to the attention of the service person. They have ordered new parts to correct the damage. I realize this was probably a difficult, tedious job, but obviously not inspected properly before returning it to me. Just cementing my resolve that this is the first and last Buick for me.
NormT likes this.

Last edited by frogg; 12-14-2017 at 11:12 AM.
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 12:24 PM

I have a 2016 Buick Premium II and am experiencing the same rear AC issues. My car is currently at the dealership and they have ordered an HVAC case? I am hoping they fix it and it doesn't end up to be a continuing problem. DO you have any updates? Is your AC working now?
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

So far, I have had no more new or old problems with my A/C. Not sure what "HVAC case" is, but feel the dealer service will solve the problem, whatever it is. Hope you get it fixed soon, and let us know how things go.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page