Things you don't like about you Envision - Buick Envision Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Things you don't like about you Envision

Interested in seeing what are some of the little or big things that annoy you about your Envision.
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 09:46 PM

Only driver's side window switch is one-touch up. Otherwise you have to pop the driver's side and it goes up by itself and you are holding the other three switches until you hear the thunk. This is more of a high end, luxury car feature.

The only cheap part on a well made cuv is the steering column plastic surround and the turn signal stalk. The stalk flaps and reverberates after it is return to neutral position. The plastic surround seems to be move around and seems not well made.

The handling of the Envision Premium is very impressive. The AWD system with twin-clutch is the best system next to the Volvo and BMW, but costing much less. So in the $30's you get an active torwue vectoring rear differential that sends power tk the outside wheel in a turn. Something you won't find on a Lexus RX or NX as they are only brake based.

The front end has Hyperstrut which helps with torque steer from the front end under accleration on uneven surfaces. The drive is about as smooth as they come and super quiet. We recently drove a Equinox and Terrain and they were not as nice but they are on similar chassis and tires.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. Funny you mention the Equinox, because we where debating whether we should wait next year for the 2018 diesel engine.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 05:54 PM

We like the sliding seat in our 2015 Terrain(leased) and like it even better in the Envision as the seat is split 60/40 making it much lighter and versatile. The 2018 Terrain or Equinox does not offer a rear sliding seat at all. The Terrain and Equinox do offer the front passenger seat that folds flat for more cargo capacity or about 81 cu ft and largest in the segment. Our Envision Premium has power passenger seat and does not fold. All depends on your priorities.

Having spent many hours in the back seat of the Envision it is much quieter than the Terrain and marginally quieter than the Equinox. Both have the same size and brand of tires. The Buick just has more sound insulation.

2016 Envision Prem ll
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 07:05 PM

I have 2017 Premium II, and don't like the fact that I had to upgrade to Premium II to get all the driver assist safety features, such as lane assist, slow speed auto braking, etc. Premium II also required Turbo and AWD. The Turbo is louder than standard engine, and the AWD is not as smooth as FWD. Going around corners under light acceleration, the AWD shudders. Gas mileage suffers. Around town averages 18mpg or less. Also, would never pay for Pano moonroof again. Vastly overpriced for not much improvement. So pay a lot extra for Premium II, for extra problems.

Next car, which might just be Terrain Denali, will have FWD, standard 4 cyl. engine, and regular moonroof. Or dare I say Ford Edge?

I like the Buick styling better than Terrain or Edge, but The Edge is going to be strong candidate.

Other thing I don't like, auto stop/start. Really sucks. I know, it can be defeated by putting A/C on LO, using manual shift, or feathering the brake pedal. But really-why not a switch to turn off this so-called feature?

Last edited by frogg; 10-23-2017 at 07:07 PM.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 02:04 AM

What I don't Like

The price tag to go to premium 2 and get the safety features was steep. It was a small price to pay for the added safety features and it was the car my wife wanted. If you are married you will understand that the ride is much quieter than any other car.

I don't understand that a car in this price range wouldn't have a locking gas tank cover.

Who in the world designed the dash gauges. they put Voltage and Oil Temp front and center and put the gas and heat gauges out of site and unlit in the day time to the far right.

Just curious why anyone would disable anything that improves the poor gas mileage on this car. IF AUTO-STOP gives even a/s mpg, I am all in
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ17 View Post
The price tag to go to premium 2 and get the safety features was steep. It was a small price to pay for the added safety features and it was the car my wife wanted. If you are married you will understand that the ride is much quieter than any other car.

I don't understand that a car in this price range wouldn't have a locking gas tank cover.

Who in the world designed the dash gauges. they put Voltage and Oil Temp front and center and put the gas and heat gauges out of site and unlit in the day time to the far right.

Just curious why anyone would disable anything that improves the poor gas mileage on this car. IF AUTO-STOP gives even a/s mpg, I am all in
Are you talking about the gas cap? Because if it is, Ford doesn’t as well
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 06:48 PM

Gas Filler

I am talking about the door over the Gas Filler. My VW had a locking cover that could only be opened by someone with the push-button start key standing close.

I also didn't like the Premium requirement (or maybe suggestion). The sales woman didn't tell us and I didn't find out tlll I found it in the owner's manual
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 09:10 AM
MCA

Gas gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ17 View Post

I also thought something was wrong with the gauges. At least one needs to see the gas gauge!! It's even more difficult if you are wearing sunglasses.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 07:30 PM

I think for me at this point it's the value. I mean a Premium II with all options are about 49-50k and know that you can get a CPO or waiting until Buick offers some kind of 15-20% off and all. But at the same time, a brand new volvo XC60 you can get one fully loaded for about 53-55k with a T5 momentum which offers semi-autonomous driving stuff as the option. At this rate Volvo in general do give you more standard safety technologies than the Buick does and the interior is gorgeous. I mean at this point I don't have an Envision and all so I might don't have the right to say so. I'm just comparing it from what the paper says.