Fix Stop/Start Problem? - Buick Envision Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Fix Stop/Start Problem?

Just ran across this https://www.smartstopstart.com/chevy...-products.html in another Buick forum. I purchased one, and will report back with success or failure, as the case may be. I get along ok during the summer with A/C on LO, but winter time gets very frustrating.
NormT and Tenor like this.
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Received the device a few days ago, and installed it. Plug and play. It works as advertised, and what a refreshing feeling! The engine only stops running when you want it to stop-by pushing the ignition button! Instructions state that using remote start with the device installed can be tricky, but I don't use remote start anyway. This device makes driving a pleasure again. If anything changes I'll post it here.
NormT and Tenor like this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 09:02 PM

LOL - I don't seem to mind the start/stop however what I do mind is my A/C basically shutting off when a phone call comes in. I get that the feature is meaning to be helpful by making background noise reduced but in the heat of the summer and a phone call longer than 3 minutes gets really stifling.
NormT likes this.

2017 Envision Premium II Midnight Amethyst
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 09:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogg View Post
Received the device a few days ago, and installed it. Plug and play. It works as advertised, and what a refreshing feeling! The engine only stops running when you want it to stop-by pushing the ignition button! Instructions state that using remote start with the device installed can be tricky, but I don't use remote start anyway. This device makes driving a pleasure again. If anything changes I'll post it here.
Hi, although I am working around the S/S by either coasting to stops, moving very slowly etc. I still have this issue going into the garage. One override is to put it in L6 and it will shift but no S/S, I do this in stop and go on I287. What does it plug into and where? I read about using the trailering connection but my car does not have one. Thanks
NormT likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

It plugs in under the hood where the hood latch is. It tricks the car's BCM into thinking the hood is ajar, but without triggering any error codes or warnings. It can be unplugged and removed at any time. Use the link in my original post above to learn more about the product. It just works! No warning notifications on the dash or any other problem whatsoever. Just able to now enjoy the car for the first time since leasing it over a year ago. This product is tailored to each different make and model, as each one may plug into a different spot and suppress a different function.
NormT likes this.

Last edited by frogg; 07-28-2018 at 07:33 AM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 11:08 AM

Garage
K TU, this is on my list to do now. I really love the car but not the S/S feature. I know per readings that all items associated with the S/S were beefed up, starter, battery, alternator, etc... however, I still do not like the wear and tear it causes and I am not fond of the car shut off at an intersection. I know the '19s have been updated with an option to turn it off, but the pricing was too good on the '18 for me to pay the difference for a button.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Atlantic-
Plus, even then, you have to press the button every time you get in the car. With this gadget, you install it and forget it.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 03:53 PM

Garage
Ok thanks, I just ordered the item $139. I am assuming this would not affect the warranty on the car.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

From FAQ on their site:
"Does this product affect my warranty?
Per the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, a manufacturer can only deny a warranty claim when an aftermarket component is installed if the dealer or manufacturer can prove that the aftermarket component caused the failure. To avoid any possible question ever arising from lack of knowledge of this product by the servicing dealer, we recommend removing the module prior to bringing the vehicle in for any service"
Tenor likes this.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 10:31 AM
TSS

I'm a new member here. My "formal" introduction is in the introduction section.

I found the forum by searching for a way to bypass the auto stop system, and came across this thread. I just wanted to say thank you for the information frogg! I ordered the module on Sunday and it's supposed to arrive Thursday, this week.

Todd

2017 Envision Premium I AWD 2.0T (Summit White)
2014 Impala LTZ 3.6 V6 Limited (Summit White)
2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports tuned; 0-60 3.94 seconds (Steel Blue Metallic)