Buick Envision Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out automatic engine cutoff has not restarted twice in a week and left us in a compromising position in traffic. Had to put it in park to restart. Has anyone else had this problem and have any suggestions besides switching auto stop/start off everytime? It’s very dangerous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

Several considerations here.

1. There are many ways you can avoid having your Envision's engine do an "auto-stop". The first is when you come to a stop, ease up on the brake pedal. That will prevent the auto-stop from engaging. Another way is to slide the car into neutral. The auto-stop will not engage and your engine will keep running. Just before your traffic light turns green, slide the shifter back into Drive.

2. One can purchase an after market switch which once installed (takes about 5-10 min. to install) will stop the "auto-stop" function from engaging. When you start your car with the switch installed however you will see on the dashboard screen flash a message about the hood not being shut properly. This message disappears in 2 seconds. This does work.

3. If your auto-stop function is not working, take your vehicle into a Buick dealership to have this issue addressed.

I love my 2017 Envision. 100% trouble free from initial purchase. Handles beautifully. Good luck to you! Hope my comments are helpful.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We have a 2018 and it to has been trouble free too. I bought an aftermarket auto start/stop bypass, however, in my discussions with the service manager at the dealer, he recommended I did not install it as he had an Enclave that installed an after market device and it messed up the main computer so we did not install it.

Simple solution, at least for the six speed, drive the car in L and toggle and leave the transmission in 6. L automatically bypasses the auto start / stop and the car shifts as normal as if it is in drive. I now do this automatically.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 2020 Envision Essence. I don't know if this is new for 2020 but I just push a button to the right of the radio to disable auto stop. If the light goes out it is disabled. When you start the car it defaults to on or enabled. I often forget to push the button myself and dang it. Have to remember because not a fan of auto stop.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Auto stop Disable is new for 2020.

My 2017 has been trouble free, and I have had no issues with the Auto Stop. I thought initially it would bother me, but after a week or so I didn't even notice it. I did find that I moved my foot from brake to gas just a hair slower so the car can start before I accelerate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts