Buick Envision Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Yes it was a 2023 Avenir, loaded, but the temps here in southern Utah were mild, so sorry, I did not try the heated seats or steering wheel, if fact until now I didn't know about the chip shortage affecting these Buicks. We hadn't test drove one until last week, we really liked the road feel, interior comfort, the technology is a bit to get used to, like the 10 in info screen and push button trans, but all in all a very nice crossover. And looking at the window sticker, it does indicate a $25 & $50 "credit" on the sticker, with a "later Retrofit".....how long that retrofit will take to have completed is anyone's guess.
Not trying to tell you to buy or not to buy the Envision, we have had ours since May 2022 and that was the 1st problem we ever had, it was repaired in one day. My wife loves the way the car drives and feels on the road. There’s a lot of gadget options to get used to.
What made us get the Envision over higher end cars was we saw no difference with interior and handling, only difference was there brands which raised the price anywhere from 10k-20k. Good luck on picking a car, it’s stressful.

· Registered
23 Posts
This is what I found out today while looking for a new 2023 Envision Avenir....No More Retrofit ,,,this from three dealers ads as well as the factory Window sticker...NOT EQUIPPED WITH LANE CHANGE ALERT WITH SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT AND REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT see dealer for details (Beginning October 10, 2022, certain vehicles will be forced to include (00S) Not Equipped with Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which removes Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Does not include later dealer retrofit. See the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.),

· Registered
8 Posts
Update from NC - I am going to give you the full story of my car purchase not just the computer issues we all seemed to start having the first week of Nov 2022. You’ll understand my heightened frustration after reading this. Since fixing the Service Instrument Cluster issue and other computer problem of update not shutting off and draining the battery, everything seems to be fine and dandy. I hope I have not jinxed myself though by saying this. I took it in for running lights recall and waited a little over an hour for repair/fix to be done. No problems since. Hopefully, no more computer issues. Computers seem to run the world now and as we have seen with airlines, etc. if they get bad code or some other glitch, we are all in for a rude awakening. I really like my car. Great size with good pickup and comfort. I still do not use all the bells and whistles but that’s ok. Maybe later when I have the time to sit in my car and read the manual I’ll learn something new and like it even more. I will be taking it on a trip soon so that will be the first true test since it’s purchase and drive home of 160 miles. (I had to go to SC to get my car after the local dealership who arranged to sell me the car called and told me it had been wrecked in SC. Salesman then stated he could get me an Avenir (I was buying Essence) for $6k-$7k more from WVa or PA. My spidey sense went into overdrive and I called SC dealership who assured me car was in perfect shape. Made deal over phone and drove 160 miles to trade in my Toyota Highlander and bring the new car home. I confronted the salesman at the dealership 2 days later and he was red faced and tried to blame someone else in SC for informing him of “wreck scenario”. Nope, don’t go there. Asked SC dealership/multiple salesmen if local dealership had been in contact and they had never heard of them.) What was even more disappointing was I wrote letters to the dealership owner (a big NASCAR name owner), Southeast Manager of US Sales, and Southeast US Manager of Dealerships and got absolutely NO response. Not even a “sorry you feel this way but that’s how we do business” stock reply. I have a very big mouth and after 55+ years in this town/area, EVERYONE knows this story. Just level with me if you don’t want to bother getting the car from 160 miles away. Don’t make up stories and lie. If I live long enough to buy another car it will not be from this big name of dealerships. Treat me with respect and you will have one firm advocate in your corner. But as far as this car, I get a lot of compliments on it and it gets me from Point A to Point B (if the computer programs are working properly - knock on wood). All kidding aside, after driving and comparing about 8 different makes and models of SUV’s, this was the color inside and outside that I wanted and could get and the best bang for the buck.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts