Buick Envision Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called a dealership in Florida where I am for the winter. The service department seemed to be aware of the problem. Scheduled me for an appointment on Wednesday. Software update is quoted as taking 1 hour or 2 at most. I will update after my appointment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went to the dealership. They said they installed "the latest software" However, yesterday in mid afternoon the screen once again became unreadable black. It seems to happen when the light sensor is in the shadow of the car which is dependent on the orientation of the sun to the vehicle. For those who have had the "fix" applied do you experience any problems with a low light black screen or does it stay bright in reduced sunlight?

·
Registered
6 Posts
BREAKING NEWS...on 10/24/16 a service bulletin 16-NA-357 was issued pertaining to software reprogramming/calibration of the BCM (body control module) for '16/'17 Buick Envisions. I had my '16 Envision updated today, took less than an hour, and the NAV/Instruments/Camera seem normal as one goes from light to dark, and dark to light surroundings. So far have only tested this in/out of the garage on a sunny day, so will need to see how the lighting adjusts during dawn and dusk situations. But what a vast improvement!
Have you been in a dusk situation and had it work? After going to the dealer I still have the issue. They claim to have installed the latest software but did not reference the service bulletin. I am wondering if the service bulletin was applied. If so, it did not work for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you been in a dusk situation and had it work? After going to the dealer I still have the issue. They claim to have installed the latest software but did not reference the service bulletin. I am wondering if the service bulletin was applied. If so, it did not work for me.
You should be able to ask for a copy of the work order which should outline what they did. Those orders are kept in the system for a long time, years, so going back and getting it shouldn't be much of an issue. Nothing they wouldn't want to share with you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks to you TxTom.
Went to dealer with TSB info, and discovered that my build date was before the TSB issue date.
TSB performed and made definite improvements, particularly the 360 camera picture quality at night - much less grainy front and rear. Still not great, but adequate for function.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please contact NHTSA about Lower Control Arm

Bulletin Title: #16-NA-357 - Integrated Center Stack and/or Instrument Panel Cluster Backlighting Seems Dim at Times - (Oct 24, 2016)
A faultiness design is applied on Lower Control Arm with Buick Envision!
It is name "Split-Type Bushing",The structure is used on Lower control arm.
The structure is mainly composed of front little bolt,rear little bolt,inner sleeve,outer sleeve and vulcanized rubber.
See Picture in attachments!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am at wits end with this dimming issue. I've had my 2017 Envision back to the dealer twice, supplied pictures and info regarding TSB 16-NA-357. They said that they did the fix on the TSB and did all the updates to the body control module and this problem still exists. The service advisor did say that if the fix didn't work, they would have to get GM involved. I spent $43,000 for this vehicle and it should work properly, it's obvious that the sensor on the dashboard is too sensitive as all it takes is less than 5 seconds of a shaded area of the road for the center stack display and dash display to go dim so it can't be seen. In addition, as we get deeper into autumn with the rainy and dark cloudy days with less light in the sky, I might as well not even have the navigation system as I can't see it due to the dimming of the screen. In addition, at dusk and dawn, the backup camera cannot be seen as the screen dims for that also. I have sent e-mails to the Service Manager since my last visit along with pictures to share with GM but I have not received a response as of this date.

While I do like this vehicle with the exception of this issue, I am close to filing a complaint with the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office to seek relief under the state's Lemon Law, this is definitely a safety issue and GM needs to fix this ASAP. If anyone has any other fixes, please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
If they can't fix it after three tries, I think the lemon law kicks in and you should get a new one. Let us know how it goes!
Actually in RI, it's four tries and it has to be a safety issue along with other things, whether or not not being able to properly view the back-up camera qualifies, I don't know. While this seems to be an issue for others, if it even got to the point of a new one, which I highly doubt, that would probably have the same problem so I wouldn't want to go that route for sure. I just want this fixed so it works properly, if it were something that I didn't use, I probably wouldn't even care.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 Envision Prem II and wondering if this TSB will fix a minor issue whereby I'm unable to adjust the brightness more when it's dark outside at night. It'll be too bright then when I move the brightness control it will dim significantly and I'm only able to get the brightness about 1/2 of what it was. I would like to adjust the brightness just a bit more. Thanks. BTW, my 2016 Buick LaCrosse does not have this issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
TSB applied, issue fixed :)

Just purchased a 2017 Envision Prem II and wondering if this TSB will fix a minor issue whereby I'm unable to adjust the brightness more when it's dark outside at night. It'll be too bright then when I move the brightness control it will dim significantly and I'm only able to get the brightness about 1/2 of what it was. I would like to adjust the brightness just a bit more. Thanks. BTW, my 2016 Buick LaCrosse does not have this issue.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts