Buick Envision Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With warmed up summertime temperatures but not warm enough to run the AC some days. The 28 mpg was some highway from the day before. My commute is 8 miles each way and usually see 23-24, bit today it dropped down to 27 and then returned to 28 mpg! Crazy efficient!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Impressive, I think for most of us, even just 5 years ago it was hard to imagine fuel economy being like this in a SUV/Van/Crossover. Often car makers don't set the bar too high on first or second year models so maybe by time the Envision is ready for a mid-cycle refresh we'll see it break into the low 30's.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New personal record! Two way average at 65 mph was 32 mpg. Very good for the 2.0T and only 3 mpg off of my ATS4 2.0T with 75,000 miles. So she has some more miles to loosen up.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
You're definitely winning this mpg race and getting some great numbers. Considering the break-in period is over, I can't really see it getting too much better than that though? You're already getting much better than what the manufacturer specifies at 20-22/26-29 mpg (city - highway)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It wasn't until 20,000 miles until my Verano 2.0T felt fully loosened up. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Envision and I am getting 15mpg in city driving. I have NOT had anything over 19mpg on highway. I am not a fan of this Envision.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2017 Envision and I am getting 15mpg in city driving. I have NOT had anything over 19mpg on highway. I am not a fan of this Envision.
Did you at least speak with your dealer to see what can be done about it? At the very least speaking to them to open a case would get the ball rolling and even contacting Buick/GM USA. Keep us posted, hopefully something positive comes from it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I certainly didn't buy my Envision for mileage and at 24.8 mpg of premium for the first 7500 miles it sucks. However it is the car my wife wanted and the ride is real quiet (if you know what I mean.
-Previous car 2012 VW Passat TDI - 39.8 mpg lifetime - When it was a clean Diesel it was terrific. When it was exposed as a dirty Diesel I let VW buy it back
-2008 Honda Civic Hybrid - 47.9 lifetime mpg, but after a software "upgrade" I couldn't race kids on skateboards.
-Original Honda Civic Hybrid - 47.9 lifetime mpg - great car, should have kept it.

Stay safe over the weekend

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, the small Envision probably has twice the front area of your economy cars. Those are good numbers though.

What model Envision, AWD, type of driving for a tankful?

My wife get 20-21 mpg with a Terrain 2.4l with AWD

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Envision is a Premium II. Right or wrong, I have been using premium which makes Miles/$ even worse. Driving is mostly easy suburban driving. Taking a road trip to San Diego Tuesday. Hopefully the highway driving will have better MPG.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Almost 25 mpg is very good when it is rated for 26 mpg highway.

My Premium ll is see 24-25 mpg on a 8 mile commute to work with half highway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts