Buick Envision Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -
I've seen the new 2021 Envision Avenir and like it very much. Are there any new owners of this car that can share their thoughts on their choice of purchase and talk about about how much discount off MSRP they paid ?? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All -
I've seen the new 2021 Envision Avenir and like it very much. Are there any new owners of this car that can share their thoughts on their choice of purchase and talk about about how much discount off MSRP they paid ?? Thanks.
I just bought one. Actually, I'm leasing it so can't comment too much on discounts, but I don't think they're offering much on these yet. I think the final price was $42k, the sticker was $47k.

I will say I love it. Beautiful interior, quiet ride, adequate/good acceleration, easy to use tech. The only things that the one I bought do not have are auto-folding mirrors and auto-sensing wipers. I find the adaptive cruise to be very responsive. All in all, very very happy so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought one. Actually, I'm leasing it so can't comment too much on discounts, but I don't think they're offering much on these yet. I think the final price was $42k, the sticker was $47k.

I will say I love it. Beautiful interior, quiet ride, adequate/good acceleration, easy to use tech. The only things that the one I bought do not have are auto-folding mirrors and auto-sensing wipers. I find the adaptive cruise to be very responsive. All in all, very very happy so far.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm considering an '21 Essence AWD now, but probably waiting until more incentives drop. Looking forward to hearing feedback from others who have purchased a '21.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Auto-folding mirrors are not available on any trim, so you aren't really missing anything there. Auto-sensing wipers might be available as the manual mentions available Rainsense wipers, however it does not appear anywhere on Buick's configurator as being available. Buick's online configurator is great for building and pricing, but their trim comparison feature is not the most intuitive thing to use. It feels like it is leaving out a lot of features that people would be interested in knowing about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Auto-folding mirrors are not available on any trim, so you aren't really missing anything there. Auto-sensing wipers might be available as the manual mentions available Rainsense wipers, however it does not appear anywhere on Buick's configurator as being available. Buick's online configurator is great for building and pricing, but their trim comparison feature is not the most intuitive thing to use. It feels like it is leaving out a lot of features that people would be interested in knowing about.
I think I heard/knew somehow that auto-folding mirrors weren't available. But as you say, the manual talks about rain-sensing wipers. Both my stepmother and I just purchased an avenir, and neither has that feature. I'm fine with it, just curious if you can even get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's crazy that Buick has apparently dropped Rainsense wipers on the '21 Envision, regardless of trim. I checked the GM Online Order Guide for the '21 Envision, and there's no mention of Rainsense wipers in there. :( Although I do see Rainsense is mentioned in both the Owner's Manual and the "Getting To Know Your 2021 Envision" quick reference guide. I've sent a message to GM inquiring about this. Without Rainsense, the '21 Envision Avenir is a no-go for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GM has been doing some very strange things lately with vehicles. The Rainsense option here. Announcing an Envision GX 3-row variant (what is the point with the Enclave already on lots?) Dropping the 2.0 Turbo in the Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain in 2021, then announcing it would be back for 2022, then announcing last week that it is not coming back at all. Little things like that. It is almost like they are just "phoning it in" at this point and spending as little development money as possible on existing models. GM has committed to selling only zero emissions vehicles by 2035, so perhaps they are focusing on that initiative and are starting to sunset their fully ICE vehicles. However, it would be short sighted of them to alienate their existing and potential customers right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
GM has been doing some very strange things lately with vehicles. The Rainsense option here. Announcing an Envision GX 3-row variant (what is the point with the Enclave already on lots?) Dropping the 2.0 Turbo in the Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain in 2021, then announcing it would be back for 2022, then announcing last week that it is not coming back at all. Little things like that. It is almost like they are just "phoning it in" at this point and spending as little development money as possible on existing models. GM has committed to selling only zero emissions vehicles by 2035, so perhaps they are focusing on that initiative and are starting to sunset their fully ICE vehicles. However, it would be short sighted of them to alienate their existing and potential customers right now.
Agree completely, and it was also just announced that they dropped the air ionizer for the 22 Envision. To be fair, it wasn't a deal breaker for me but for the Chinese market I could see that being vital. One gripe I have is the Intellink system that was included with the '20 Envision. It was the older holdover version which is fine but lacks the resolution of the new edition, which GM did install on some '20 Buick models, including the Encore, Encore GX, and Enclave. Why it wasn't featured on the '20 Envision baffles me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree completely, and it was also just announced that they dropped the air ionizer for the 22 Envision. To be fair, it wasn't a deal breaker for me but for the Chinese market I could see that being vital. One gripe I have is the Intellink system that was included with the '20 Envision. It was the older holdover version which is fine but lacks the resolution of the new edition, which GM did install on some '20 Buick models, including the Encore, Encore GX, and Enclave. Why it wasn't featured on the '20 Envision baffles me.
I saw that! The air ionizer is gone, dark blue exterior is gone, and still no power folding mirrors or Rainsense.

I don't understand why GM would be decontenting something after only the first model year of the redesign. Granted, they did add some new items to the ST package but it was all cosmetic and non-functional (sport pedals, red-stitching on the seats, and ST logos on the floor mats and headrests.)

They should be adding features to remain competitive, not removing features.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw that! The air ionizer is gone, dark blue exterior is gone, and still no power folding mirrors or Rainsense.

I don't understand why GM would be decontenting something after only the first model year of the redesign. Granted, they did add some new items to the ST package but it was all cosmetic and non-functional (sport pedals, red-stitching on the seats, and ST logos on the floor mats and headrests.)

They should be adding features to remain competitive, not removing features.
Agreed. At least make a climate package that includes rainsense, weather mats, engine block heater, heated mirrors and blades, and an air ionizer. I bet more, or at least as many, people would flock to that at around $2,200 than the Infotainment II package with navigation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agreed. At least make a climate package that includes rainsense, weather mats, engine block heater, heated mirrors and blades, and an air ionizer. I bet more, or at least as many, people would flock to that at around $2,200 than the Infotainment II package with navigation.
Also the 2021 does not have rear set climate controls only the rear seat warmers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts