Buick Envision Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking of buying them too, but I've heard some negative reviews about the wind noise that they make. Do you have the same problem?
Also, was it hard to install them?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rail install takes longer to get the ladder out and move it around the car than the actual rail tightening.

The first and fore most rail is above the sunroof even when it is opened. I tried to listen for wind noise from the rails but from the driver's seat could not tell where the wind noise was coming from. Not sure if noticeable from the rear seat. The rain has ribs on it on the front just for noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had these on from the factory when I bought the car. One week in I heard a horrible rattle from the back of the car and couldn’t figure out what it was. Took it in for service and was told it was the roof rack. They have ordered me another one and it will be here next week. Interestingly, they left the old ones on an the rattle is gone. I’m still going to get the new ones. The rattle was only present from 15-35 mph. Weird.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rails pivot to accommodate slack. But if they rattled it would just take a small washer to quiet them.

We plan on a a Thule container and maybe some Kayak holders. Bike rack will be off the tow hitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts