Buick Envision Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, We have had our new '18 Envision Premium since May 25th. So far we have 3,025 miles clocked including one vacation trip. I have been using premium and mid grade fuel either Shell, Exxon or Mobil. I know some say you can and some say you can't use regular fuel but was wondering if anyone has been running theirs on it and if so how is the performance? Is it substantially reduced or have you developed pre ignition knocking? Any insight will be helpful. Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a little update. Well, the car is up to a little over 10K miles now and I have tried numerous types (regular, mid and high-grade versions) and brands of gasoline (all name brands, I checked the GM site for authorized brands). I really feel the performance is best with the high octane fuel even though I am not a hard driver. The car is smoother, has more pep and I hear no engine noise (pinging or otherwise). The upside is I generally get about 25-28 all around driving mileage. The downside is the premium that I have been buying is between $1 to $1.20 more than regular a gallon. Shell today $3.549 @10.397 gallons nets $36.90 which included a $.05 savings per gallon with the Shell card. Still, I am spending less than I did when I had the 3.6L V6 and the performance is almost as good with far better mileage so I fill up far less often.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find the 2.0L I4 in the Buick to be almost as quick as the 3.6L V6 we had in the Equinox. Actually, around town, the Buick feels more sprightly than the Chevy did and on the highway, if you gunned the V6 it seemed to have more punch. In any event, for us, both have more than enough power to manage in town or on the highways.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, agreed, I have driven the Merritt a million times since driving in 1971. Although very pretty, the short runways on, the short curved runways off and the general winding of the parkway make it a must to pay attention lest you end up in the trees. Definitely, need a car that can reasonably accelerate as well as go up a multitude of highly inclined hills. I now come to the state about once a month to see my mom and find the Buick manages well over this road. We now have 25k miles and so far so good. This is the best car I have ever owned. It does everything I need and does it well, ride, handling, acceleration, braking and we feel extremely safe when driving it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts