Buick Envision Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My wife and I recently purchased a CPO (certified pre-owned) 2021 Envision AWD w/ Avenir trim (10,000 miles on the clock) and we looking for phone mounting system. In previous cars I've used a quality vent mount (with magnet), but that doesn't seem like it will work on this vehicle.

I recently ordered a phone mount (both the mount and the magnetic counterpart) from A-Tach Mounts (the only vehicle specific mount I've been able to find so far)...

I bought it here

The mount seems of quality material, but it's so tight that I'm nervous about pushing the mount across the piano black trim where the mount is supposed to mounted. I stuck a thin microfiber cloth between the mount and infotainment frame but it's fairly terrifying pressing the mount into place. It does give a good sturdy click, but it was quite difficult to remove with some forceful pulling and twisting motion so I wonder how I would ever remove it (assuming I didn't actually put a piece of microfiber cloth in there) without scratching up the black trim piece.

Does anyone happen to already use this phone mount, or do you folks have any other solutions? I'd consider a cup holder mount I guess but would prefer to maintain use of both cupholders if possible.

This one appears to get decent ratings on Amazon...

Amazon cupholder option

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Marc, does your 2021 Avenir have the wireless Android Auto or Apple Car Play? I too was wondering about how to mount my Samsung smartphone to my 2022 Envision Avenir, but using the Android Auto displays everything on my phone's screen that I would need right on the huge infotainment display. Still playing with it to learn everything, but I LOVE how my Waze GPS app is so large now and I can play my songs on my phone at the same time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it has wireless apple car play, which seem pretty neat. We took a short trip this weekend and wifey got hers up and running to play with it from the passenger seat while I drove. It is nice having waze up there, though the car-version interface is of course a little different and something I'll need figure out, like you mentioned.

I picked up a WeatherTech cup phone holder, which works well in a pinch for holding the phone. It is size-adjustable but is basically either slightly too large or slightly to small for our hard plastic cupholders so it does not fit firmly into the cupholder. So... I went down a size and stuck some sticky-back felt pads to the WT cup in a few spots to get it to fit snugly in the cupholder. Works well, looks fine, small, super simple in/out.

I have a microfiber towel folded up and living in the bottom of the center arm rest, with the weathertech thing laying on top of it when not in use, then I added this inexpensive shelf thinger to sit above and add another layer in the armrest. Not a bad little set up. If you want the phone holder, take it out of the armrest (from below the shelf), when you don't need it, toss it back in.

Hopefully carplay will reduce the need for a phone holder but we do take long summer road trips and I like to have other apps going sometimes, particularly iExit, so I think the cupholder doodad could be helpful at times.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes it has wireless apple car play, which seem pretty neat. We took a short trip this weekend and wifey got hers up and running to play with it from the passenger seat while I drove. It is nice having waze up there, though the car-version interface is of course a little different and something I'll need figure out, like you mentioned.

I picked up a WeatherTech cup phone holder, which works well in a pinch for holding the phone. It is size-adjustable but is basically either slightly too large or slightly to small for our hard plastic cupholders so it does not fit firmly into the cupholder. So... I went down a size and stuck some sticky-back felt pads to the WT cup in a few spots to get it to fit snugly in the cupholder. Works well, looks fine, small, super simple in/out.

I have a microfiber towel folded up and living in the bottom of the center arm rest, with the weathertech thing laying on top of it when not in use, then I added this inexpensive shelf thinger to sit above and add another layer in the armrest. Not a bad little set up. If you want the phone holder, take it out of the armrest (from below the shelf), when you don't need it, toss it back in.

Hopefully carplay will reduce the need for a phone holder but we do take long summer road trips and I like to have other apps going sometimes, particularly iExit, so I think the cupholder doodad could be helpful at times.
Thank for the arm rest try link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts