Buick Envision Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Envision Avenir which I purchased in April of 2022 and it was noted on the window sticker that the heated seats and heated steering wheel wouldn't work due to the chip shortage but would be a 2nd or 3rd quarter 2022 dealer retrofit. Well, surprisingly, the heated steering wheel does work properly, so that won't be an issue but in contacting the dealer today, they have no idea as to when the retrofit will be available for the heated seats but when performing a Google search on the issue, I saw several articles that state that parts were shipped to dealers during the first week of August. Just wondering if anyone has any clarity as to what is happening with this as what I read and the dealer seem to contradict each other. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an envision avenir, and I hope they will retrofit those features soon.

By the way, do you have a moonroof? do you hear any buzzing/high-pitch noise from the roof control panel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought an envision avenir, and I hope they will retrofit those features soon.

By the way, do you have a moonroof? do you hear any buzzing/high-pitch noise from the roof control panel?
From what I understand, not all will be retrofitted as after a certain date the vehicles were built entirely without the feature. If your window sticker listed "Includes Later Retrofit" you should be good, if it doesn't, it's possible that you have one that was built after that date and won't be eligible for it. I do have a moonroof and haven't heard anything that stands out, but I'll give it a listen and see if anything is there and if it is, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought my 2022 Envision Avenir a month ago. It did have the comment about the retrofit. Mine is missing the front heated/ventilated seat feature, rear heated seats, and rear cross traffic alert feature. My dealer told me that GM and Buick did receive a bunch of the delayed chip components but they are now retrofitting the first group of vehicles. I was told my car's turn may be as late as the end of the year. On GM Authority website I read an article that stated the heated steering wheel feature will be left out starting with the November 2022 assemblies. My steering wheel heats. Also, my moonroof control module is dead silent....so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 Imagine Avenir which I bought in April of 2022 and it was noted on the window sticker that the warmed seats and warmed controlling wheel wouldn't work because of the chip deficiency yet would be a second or third quarter 2022 vendor retrofit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have a concern about this issue. I am trying to purchase a new 2022 Envision Essence and the window sticker says under "Options",

CREDIT - $50 NOT EQUIPPED W/ FRONT HEATED SEATS: INCLUDES LATER RETROFIT.

Does that mean it has heated seats installed but they will be retrofitted later? Or it does not have them at all and is not an option?

It is a medical issue with me (spinal disease, have had back surgery once) and I have to be sure it will have heated seats later. I don't know how to interpret this and the dealer wasn't much help. Thanks anyone who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts