Buick Envision Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my Envision in September 2022. Love the car but would like for the heated and ventilated seats to work. My dealer called a week ago and scheduled my 2022 Envision for heated/ventilated seat chip install. I dropped the car off today … he called me and said the chip won’t work because there needs to be a software update from GM…which is not presently even scheduled. I checked online using my VIN to see if there were any recalls and it shows as “No Incomplete Recalls for my VIN”. I’m not feeling real good about this issue and GMs actions to get it resolved. Any comforting information would be appreciated.

Save

· Registered
2023 Buick Envision Avenir Blue/Beige
28 Posts
Purchased my Envision in September 2022. Love the car but would like for the heated and ventilated seats to work. My dealer called a week ago and scheduled my 2022 Envision for heated/ventilated seat chip install. I dropped the car off today … he called me and said the chip won’t work because there needs to be a software update from GM…which is not presently even scheduled. I checked online using my VIN to see if there were any recalls and it shows as “No Incomplete Recalls for my VIN”. I’m not feeling real good about this issue and GMs actions to get it resolved. Any comforting information would be appreciated.

Save
Hello!

Found this info on NHTSA.GOV for Chevrolet Pickups with the similar front seat retrofit.
When they install the chips/modules, they have to flash the BCM (Body control module) to let the car know the chips are now installed. Silverado Chip Install
-> https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10224356-0001.pdf

I guess GM is like any other large government organization, one department does not know what the other is doing (Stove-piping). One department (chip retrofit availability) just knows their piece is done. The rest get to play catch-up.

UPDATE:

Hello all,

Found additional info that may be helpful:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10220386-0001.pdf

Go to repairprocedures.com
Enter vehicle: make/model/year and age set to ALL
Click on: APPLY ALL FILTERS

Use results to search for docs and more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts